Thursday, February 02, 2006

Black Adder and Naked Men Laws

Yesterday I watched a show called "Black Adder" for the first time ever, and now I'm hooked. It's a comedy on BBC America starring Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) and Hugh Laurie (House MD). House is one of my favorite shows, so of course I had to watch Black Adder. I thought the funniest part was that Hugh Laurie speaks with a British accent. I guess he's been faking his American accent on House. Well done, Mr. Laurie! At any rate, Black Adder has slapstick humor, get-rich-quick schemes, and quick wittedness or something. I heartily recommend it.

At the gym this morning, after my workout, I was changing back into my clothes after a shower. While I was struggling to put my shoes on (since I'm a lazy bastard and won't untie them), a good-natured old naked dude offered me a shoe horn. I applaud him for the effort, and it was a nice thing to do, but there should be laws that state that if you're in a locker room and naked, you shouldn't talk to anyone. I've actually put a lot of thought into this. There have been several occasions in the past where I'll be walking through the locker room and a naked guy (naked guy 1) will greet his friend (naked guy 2), failing to realize that I (not naked guy) is walking/standing directly in between them, and that I feel compelled to turn my head in the direction of naked guy 1 because I can't tell if he is greeting me or naked guy 2. I then proceed to probably turn red because I just looked directly at a naked dude. So, I propose to my local legislature that naked people should be silent in locker rooms. Failure to comply will result in a punishment like getting sprayed with a fire hose.

15 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow interesting Blog today. BBC has amazing shows my personal favorite is absolutely fabulous. Thats my own opinion. The whole locker situation seemed really embaressing, but girls are the same way really. Whenever i go with my girlfriends to workout they are pretty comfortable around everyone...I'm sure though you wouldnt ban that! But anywayz Keep in shape and dont let the naked men get in your way lol.
<3 Maggie

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really great that you're on TV and a representative of sorts for all non-celebraties...good job on the show, and keep up the great work!

-K

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Karl said...

Well, I must say I have no problem with naked women talking to me. I also don't really have a problem with nakedness in general. I can change in the locker room and take a shower without any difficulty. I'm just trying to say that if you're a naked guy, please don't talk to me. It's kind of uncomfortable.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i like the makeover Very Very Nice....Wheres the pics for that?? You should post some up :-) Nice job on the show

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange that we went to the same school for at least 3 full years and I'm pretty sure I've never heard you say one word.
Loved the Week26 shirt today. ;)

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger srah said...

Blackadder is the greatest... you should also see Jeeves & Wooster and A Bit of Fry and Laurie for more of Hugh Laurie speaking with an English accent. It took me a while to get used to his American accent and now when I go back and watch Blackadder or J&W, it's like he's a completely different person.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looked so amazing after your makeover! Very very exciting for you guys!

Black Adder is such an awesome show. I didn't even realize that was House in it, because I'd watched Black Adder so long ago.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger blissee said...

i have an enormous crush on you. i have no idea what black adder is, but i'm a huge fan of blackened tofu burritos.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Karl- just a question:

Did you keep with the whole..."made over look" after the show?

I guess what I'm asking is whether you a) miss the hair and b) plan on having it back.

Because I have pretty much the same long-hair style and can't imagine hacking it off

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Josh! You're my favorite geek! I hope you win. =) You rock even more for loving Blackadder. Check out the Blackadder Millennium special - it's hilarious!

cheers.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hell... why did I type Josh? I'm so embarrassed. Freudian slip, eh? Of course I know I'm at Karl's blog. *headdesk*

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hugh laurie is brilliant and i am absolutely in love with house. hugh laurie's american accent is soo good. i thought he was american before and felt very stupid when i found out that he was british. your entry made me laugh. (:

<3 katherine

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karl,
Black Adder is really good. Well, season one isn't so good, but the other ones are.

If you're a fan of British Comedy, I would recomend "Coupling." It's absolutly hillarious.

Hurray for D&D. I just played today. Complusion spells are not fun! But Frostbows in the hands of rangers are *grin*.

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, I'll have to check out Black Adder... I love House and yes Hugh Laurie speaks with a fake american accent! He's from England (saw an interview once... really funny seeing him without his limp and having a brittish accent!) And I'd definately feel strange if a naked guy (or girl!) came up and talked to me... enough traumatizm in the world without that!

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Others find that a classroom is the ideal way. [url=http://www.elitwine.com]canada goose parkas[/url] Why only 60 percent? Because your prospect's decisions to act typically occur at the end of a meeting, so you want to allow enough time to resolve any remaining issues and reach an agreement.. [url=http://www.sagoparap.org]canada goose chilliwack[/url] Cjtwcppwb
[url=http://www.canadagooseparkasalg.net]canada goose parka[/url] Yhqitalkj [url=http://www.christianlouboutinonlineoutlet.co.uk]christian louboutin uk[/url] dzgwqkdvw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home