Monday, February 13, 2006

Thoughts on Episode 5

Everyone's been asking me for my thoughts on episode 5, so here they are: So, I have to say that I liked this episode more than any of the other ones. We begin episode 5 pretty much where episode 4 left off. The Death Star was destroyed, but we find that the Rebels are under siege on Hoth. Luke goes to Dagobah to receive some Jedi training from Yoda. Han-Solo and Princess Leia go to Bespin and meet Han's old friend Lando Calrissian. Lando turns on them and hands them over to Vader. Vader freezes Han in carbonite and gives him to Boba Fett. Luke flies to Bespin and duels with Vader, who chops off Luke's hand and admits that he is Luke's progenitor, prompting everyone in the known universe to quote him whenever they are near someone named Luke by saying "Luke, I am your father."

If the fact that I wrote this off the top of my head doesn't prove I'm a geek, I don't know what does.

Oh, also, Yoda reminds Obi-Wan's spirit that "there is another" (alluding to Leia).

9 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww, Karl! You're killing your BATG fans! You know we've been waiting with baited breath for your take on Epi 5 of the show. Please, please, pretty please give us your thoughts! (And I promised I won't kiss you 'til I've brushed my teeth!)

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the version better...it doesn't included a young man name Karl leaving a mansion.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you commented on episode 5 I feel with star wars there is never a bad time to talk about it. Plus I'm still very upset that karl is off the show so, Star Wars is nicer to read about!

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOOOOL, you lead man

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah but do you feel bad for the people working on the death star when its blown up in episode 6?

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger the doctor said...

heh

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger mary said...

The classic geek ramble.

 
At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mary said "The classic geek ramble."

and we love it :D

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno. The geekier thing might be that, the entire Episode 5 rant brought to mind Dante, from Clerks. That, and the whole randal speach about the contractors on the second Death Star. But then again, maybe it's just my friends who think me geeky(ier) for being able to quote off Kevin smith trvia so well. *sits back and waits to see who all understands her lil' rant thingie*

vampamber@yahoo.com

PS- You're going to be seeing weird comments like this fairly often. I think I've already warned you before, but a second one can't hurt. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home